BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrating in the 1950s Style!

My mommy made me this lovely dress from the 50s.  It is made out of cotton.  The jacket, which is reversible, is made out of Tropical Breeze fabric.  If you aren't familiar with Tropical Breeze, let me introduce you.  It is the easiest fabric to care for.  Just wash and wear; no ironing.  The colors do not fade much even after many washes.  Back to the dress fabric...it has lovely white flowers trimmed in a light lavender color with green leaves and a black background.  

My mom added 2 inches to the bottom of the skirt and shortened the waist by one inch.

The dress is made with New Look pattern 6723 and the balero is made using ASimplicity 3921, figure C.  

I love this dress!  I think it's now my overall favorite!
 
 

0 comments: