BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Country Livin'

Hello Readers,
I hope you all are having a wonderful week. 
Just yesterday we started canning. With all the heat we are having our garden as been really taking off. We canned six quarts of dill pickles and several quarts of  summer squash. Delicious!!!!  We planted alot in our garden this year.  We have beans,a ton of tomatoes, summer and winter squash, jalapenos, watermelon, cucumbers, canteloupe, strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, garlic, and potatoes.  I believe that's it!  We've been managing to keep the weeds down pretty well, thankfully. We also have an herb garden that is doing pretty well also. I dried parsley, oregano, spearmint, and lemon balm today. I think we'll be set for the winter at this rate. :)
The last week or so the heat and humidity as been almost unbearable. Yesterday two of my biggest laying hens died. We think it was from the heat and  being dehydrated. I have nineteen hens total now,in two seperate pens,that I have two water at least two times a day. I don't remember ever having a summer here that was quite this hot. Yesterday at 6:45 pm it was 101 degrees!! Needless to say,we went swimming. All in all it's been a good week.

I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.    Psalm 116:1-2

     God Bless,
          Ashley

0 comments: